Do you love cooking? We do, but dam we hate spending hours "slicing and dicing" food. For this reason in this section we have gone out and reviewed the best food processor's on the market and come to a conclusion of which food processor you should buy and probably more importantly, which you should avoid
Do You Need A Food Processor
A decent knife could be an option and if you’re wanting knife reviews we have you covered, but if you’re planning on doing some serious cooking, at some point, you’re going to need get yourself a food a food processor to complete these jobs in half the time that even the fastest of knife cutters can.
Before you go out and buy yourself a food processor, you need to take into account a few important factors that will allow you to quickly narrow down the almost overwhelming number of different options that you have across the market from basic chop and dicer’s to the top of the range higher-end kitchen machines that can chop, slice, puree, and even knead dough.
Best Food Processor
If you don't want to read the whole review but simply want to check out the best food processor on the market then take a look at the Phillips HR7761/01 750W Kitchen Food Processor that offers enough processing power to need dough and a range of features that have been designed to help you with your cooking and a value for money price tag that make buying this food processor an easy choice.
What Makes The Best Food Processor
- Design - Generally when you’re looking at food processors they will all come with a base that holds the motor, a bowl, cutting blades, shredding and slicing discs, a pusher and a lid with a feed tube that fits onto the bowl, however the more advanced food processors will also come with extra features that will help with you by offering more processing options.
- Power - This is actually quite important, however again it does rather depend on what you’re going to use your food processor for. Firstly, try to buy a machine that comes with adjustable speeds, but secondly if you’re going to be just doing random cutting then look for a watt output around 200-500, however if you’re planning on doing more difficult tasks such as making bread then you really need to look for a unit around the 700 Watt output
- Features - If you’re just planning on using your food processor as a “slice and dicer” then you don’t need to worry to much about the features that it comes with, however if you’re planning on doing some serious cooking they you may want to look out for advanced machines that can mix baking ingredients, create juice or even knead bread dough.
- Size - Both small and large options exist and I think if we honest, this really is a personal choice and one that depends on how much space you have in your kitchen and how much food you make each week.
- Price - Yes there are some very cheap food processors on the market, however as we have always said, if you buy units that use a brand name such as Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Hamilton Beach, Breville, Black & Decker, DeLonghi which have been tried and tested over many thousands of users across the world. Most importantly, they have been designed to work over a long period of time meaning that you don’t have to buy again. Does this mean that you have to buy the most expensive? No of course not, but you need to take into account price when you’re choosing a unit and accept that if you buy an import, the chances are that you will be buying again in a years time when your first model breaks, are very good.
Top Food Processor Models
We firmly believe the best food processor on the market today is the Phillips HR7761/01, however it's not the only model that we recommend or thing makes a great food processor. Below you will notice our food processor reviews section where we look at the other best food processor models that we highly recommend.
- 1250 Watts
- 3.9 Liter Bowl
- Dual Speed
- Pulse Mode
- 26 Functions
- Brand Name
- Value For Money
- 750 Watts
- 1.5 Liter Bowl
- Pulse Mode
- Dual Speed
- 28 Functions
- Brand Name
- Value For Money
- 800 Watts
- 1.75 Liter Bowl
- Single Speed
- 14 Functions
- No Pulse
- Brand Name
- Value For Money
Food Processor Reviews
Phillips HR7761/01 750W Kitchen Food Processor
The Phillips HR7761/01 750W is a fantastic Kitchen Food Processor and offers users fantastic performance, amazing extra and real value for money, whilst at the same time knowing that you're buying quality that will last you a life time.
The processor comes with a very powerful food processor that you would love to have in your kitchenette. The processor has a power output of about 750 Watt and able to undertake up to 28 different tasks.
Controls the food process is very easy as it has a dual speed setting and a maximum control pulse for easy regulation PowerChop technology to ensure that performance is fantastic.
This is one thing that makes the Phillips HR7761/01 750W Kitchen Food Processor very unique as it guarantees excellent operating system. Through this technology, the processor is able to perform food chopping very fast and perfectly.
Up to 750 Watt power output
The processor has a greater power output that enables it to work efficiently. It is therefore very elementary to process your food in the shortest time possible. It will also allow you process large amount of foods at the same time making it very suitable for large families.
A pulse and dual speed settings
It is very ergonomic as you get to control all the operation through the pulse. Through this, you get to regulate the temperature required for cooking specific foods. It also comes with 2 speed settings that enable you to adjust to either of the speeds.
Performs wide range of functions
This world-class and elegant food processor is able to carry out up to 28 different functions in your kitchen. It has smart accessories that are very simple to perform, hence ensuring quality and reliable services.
The processor has a sturdy base stand that makes it stand firm irrespective of the activity being undertaken. It also comes with dishwasher safe accessories and disc insert to slice.
We loved this food processor and consider it to be the best value for money food process on the market. Yes there are better food processors, however they are typically substantially more expensive but do not offer any further performance or really any added features.
Kenwood FPM800 3.5 Litre Brushed Metal Multi-Pro Sense Food Processor
This is a multi-pro sense food processor that comes with the best features to suit is functionality. The processor has a dual whisk and mini bowl that greatly boost its efficiency. The power output of 1000 Watt and a capacity of 3.5 litre are other smart features that make it process food faster and in large quantity.
The food processor has a power output of 1,000 Watt, hence very powerful to undertake various functions. The processor can therefore be multi-tasked and it will still provide you with the best processed foods. It has a very large resistant blender that has a capacity of 1.6 litre. This is large enough to store large amount of processed foods.
The processor also has a volume of 3.5 litre making it the ultimate food processor for large families as this massive cutting space is ideal for those who want to make serious quantities. The slicing disc of the food processor is made from stainless steel and therefore ensuring long term service.
Besides the slicing disc, it also has a grating disc, fine julienne and an extra-fine grater. Despite its high quality features, it is relatively cheap and affordable. It also comes with up to five year warranty, hence very reliable.
The Kenwood FPM800 3.5 Litre Brushed Metal Multi-Pro Sense Food Processor has a double whisk that ensure a high level of performance. Besides the whisks, it also features a mini bowl and folding tool.
If you're looking for a cheap, reliable food processor that comes with both a 5 year warranty and a massive food processing output then look know further. It does not come with the massive number of extra features, but it's the best at what it does correct - slice and dice food!!
Bosch MCM68861GB Food Processor
The Bosch MCM68861GB Food Processor is another smart and modish food processor that you don’t want to miss in your kitchen. The processor has LED indicator and variable speeds for easy settings.
The motor is very powerful as it produces up to 1250 Watt of power meaning that it can smoke through even the most difficult of jobs and the bowl capacity is very large and has up to ten attachments.
Up to Ten Attachments
This is a high quality food processor that comes with ten different attachments that will greatly enhance the operation of the machine. In the ten attachments, you get a mini chopper with a Quattro blade.
The motor determines the processing activity of the food processor. This food processor guarantees high performance level as it has a powerful motor able to produce up to1250 Watt.
A Large Capacity
The bowl capacity of the processor makes it very suitable for both small and large food processing. With a capacity of 3.9 Litres, it can hold large amounts of food. The bowl has a lid with a stuffer and funnel.
Pulse and Variable Speeds
These are other smart features that enhances the performance of the processor. It has an auto pulse that controls the major operations of the processor, hence making it user-friendly. The variable speed enables you to set it according to the level of heat required as you process your food.
Serrated Stainless Steel
The blades ensures a super-cut since they are made from stainless steel to ensure a consistent and reliable chopping of the food to be processed.
Braun Tribute Collection FP 3010 Food Processor
If you're in the market for a cheap food processor that has a very attractive price tag, but does not come with all the extra features that the above models do, then the Braun food processor could be a fantastic option for you. This is a stylish and eye catching food processor as it is decorated in green and white.
It has a bowl capacity of 1.75 litres and a power output of 800 Watt. It comes with other features like the beater, grater, blender and shredder among others that all ensure a high level of functionality. The processor is very elementary to clean since the parts are removable. It also comes with a safe dishwasher that will ensure that it is always clean.
Sharp and Strong Blades
The blades of the processor are not only sharp, but also very strong as they are made from stainless steel. This therefore implies that it they will guarantee you long term service and quality service you can trust.
This is a feature that makes it simple to control all the operations of the processor. You can therefore set the speeds depending on the type of food being processed. Besides this, it also features the slicer, beater, shredder and blender.
Despite the small size, it has a reliable power output that ensures efficiency in its operation. The motor has a power output of 800 Watt making it very powerful.
Latest posts by Sam Taylor (see all)
- Best Ironing Board 2019 – UK Buyer’s Guide and Reviews - 2019-03-25
- Best Dehumidifier To Use At Home – 2019 UK Buyer’s Guide - 2019-02-23
- Best Electric Lawn Mower – 2019 UK Buyer’s Guide - 2019-02-03